What if I Don’t Like You Under My Skin?
I wanted to switch things up a little bit. After all, I’ve been writing about some heavier topics recently, and I thought it might be fun to have a bit of a break from that, and dive into the more obscure. By obscure, I mean me.
The point is, I’m a blogger. Sweet. I’m a lot more than that, but hey, I enjoy writing a lot. But I’m also a person, and being a person, I have some of the most ridiculous quirks you’ll ever see in a person. So please, come and humour me for a moment, because I swear you’re bound to find at least one item on this list really freaking weird.
- I love sunflower seeds, but I won’t eat them in front of other people.
- You have to be married to me for at least a dozen years before our feet are allowed to touch. It’s much too intimate and serious for me.
- Never put dirty dishes in a sink full of soapy water, or I’ll flip. That only makes the water dirty too and then nothing gets clean. I mean, come on people.
- I’m really slow with jokes and usually pick them up half an hour later. Which is great because I always get the last laugh. (I know, that was funny)
- I love hanging around in just my bra, but underwear? No way. You gotta have shorts or boxers on.
- Can’t sleep in clothes. Makes me feel constricted, and then my arms can’t stretch out long enough for what I need them to. So we’re talking the flowier pajamas, the better.
- I tend to fall in love with people on a one week basis before getting bored of them and moving on.
- I used to have an imaginary friend named Nightmare, and it concerned my mom greatly.
- Actually spent extra time at the hospital because I just wouldn’t eat after I was born. It was foreshadowing, I know.
- Every month and number have colours associated with them. For example, August is a sort of burnt orange.
- I actually flirt with everything and everyone. It comes naturally. I actually freak my friends out when I switch into my charming self, because they suddenly can’t control the flutterings of their heart.
- Became a vegetarian at two years old because I felt like it, and it stuck.
- One of my life goals is to go cow tipping, and if you tell me that it’s impossible because cows don’t just fall over, I swear I’ll come to your house and murder you in your sleep.
- On that note, serial killers are pretty much the only thing garunteed to terrify me.
- Besides the ocean, of course. Despite the fact that I love all the sea creatures. I figured out this fear after I took diving lessons and I realized I’d actually have to go diving in our tiny little lake. I think I like aquariums just because they freak me out.
- I adore jellyfish but I can’t look up photos of them for too long or I get scared.
- As a kid, I used to pretend that I was Jesus and my little sister was my disciple. If that tells you anything about me at all.
- Oddly into the concept of human sacrifice and slavery when I was a kid, going by the kinds of stories that I wrote.
- Once wrote pancake smut. That was fun. Being an artist is all about challenging yourself, after all.
- I’ve got a folder saved on my computer solely dedicated to Nic Cage jokes.
- I once strung three guys along at the same time.
- People started calling me a bunny when I was younger because I twitched my nose so much.
- Throwing mashed potatoes against a wall is a surprisingly good pastime.
- I once MSN “dated” my step-cousin. Who now just had a baby, actually.
- My dad told me that I should always laugh when I’m mad, so now I always do, even if I was just yelling at the top of my lungs.
- Used to have a reputation for throwing a lot of fits. Even now that I’m older, I’m still known for being the grumpy, constantly annoyed one.
- I detest yard work. I’ll legit do anything else – I’m quite the housewife. But not when it comes to yard work. Last time I did it a few years ago, I threw another fit.
- I beat my first Final Fantasy dungeon before school one morning. It was the volcano one in the 1st game. But the data was corrupted and it didn’t save my progress.
- I smile when I concentrate. Always. And I don’t even notice that I’m doing it until I stop focusing so much. At that point, my face is so sore from smiling for that long, I have to stretch out my muscles for a good long while before it’s fine again.
- I like odd numbers better than even numbers because they’re edgier.
So, there you have it. Any weird, quirky things about yourself you feel like sharing?