Once again, my meal planning has fallen short this week, since I’ve been away from home for the past little while. Hopefully I’ll get back on track after this, but until then, have another one of my favorite recipes!
This one, unlike the previous recipe, isn’t my own. I actually found it on Facebook. However, it’s easy to make, takes little to no time, and is good for at least three to five meals, so it’s great for leftovers. Pretty cheap too, actually, which is a nice bonus.
Anyways, here it is.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- 4 cups cauliflower crumbles
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat up oil in a frying pan.
- While that’s being warmed, cut up onions, tomatoes, and the jalapeno. You want bite size pieces that are more on the smaller side of the spectrum.
- Saute those up in the hot oil just until they’re all tender – about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cauliflower, and cook for another 2ish minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and salt and pepper. Stir and heat.
- Top with cilantro.
I found the recipe here, if you wanted to check out the original.
All that being said, I find it quite the spicy dish. The first time I made it, it was a lot hotter than the second, for whatever reason. However, it’s amazing if you top it with sour cream and a bit of shredded cheese. Black beans go well in it too. Mix it all up – eat it plain or with chips, and it’s the perfect lunch or dinner.
Top tortillas with a bit of oil and garlic, and cook them in the oven until they get crispy. Makes a really nice homemade chip to dip in.
For a spin on that, use it in a wrap! If you like meat, cook up some chicken. If not, cook up some peppers, make guacamole, and put it all together to take with you for a work lunch or something.