Top Ten Reasons Why I’m Glad to be out of Customer Service
There’s a lot about working retail that I enjoyed, don’t get me wrong. I had amazing coworkers, and working in a tea shop, there were a lot of regular customers who became my friends over the time I had been working there for. Working with tea was enjoyable, as it’s something I adore, and I learned a lot of valuable life skills. I’m very grateful for the opportunity, and I’m glad I spent the time in the tea shop that I did.
That being said, it wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows. There were a lot of things that started to grate on my nerves – as I’m sure all retail employees can attest to – so I wanted to make a list of the top ten things I’m happy to not have to deal with on a daily basis anymore.
- I get to go about my daily business AND be treated like a human being
- I don’t have to deal with crabby or angry people ten million times a day
- I can stay in bed with I’m sick instead of having to pretend I’m having the best day of my life
- Holidays exist
- I can actually eat when I’m hungry
- I don’t have to listen to people talk on and on about the vacations they’re going on when I can barely make enough money to afford rent
- Instead of making sure everyone else gets what they want, I can spend time focusing on what I want. Ex: having a Christmas with my family
- I don’t have to pretend not to have anxiety when there are so many people in the store I can’t even walk between them
- I don’t have people glaring at me when I leave for my break. Because I was up all night and haven’t eaten in 24 hours, but they really need their tea
- I don’t get phone calls every day at 8am asking if I can cover a shift or work extra hours because someone took a sick day and I haven’t had one in almost three years
What are some of the things you hate the most about working retail?